Why Sweet Side of Swing?
Designed to serve both men and women equally, this unique WCS weekend focuses less on the patterns and more on the conversation and technique of the dance that is so often neglected. Embrace the "sweet spot" where partnership becomes a priority over patterns.This weekend also offers specialty classes for understanding music, cross-training solo movement workshops, and styling classes for leaders and followers.
GET YOUR SWEET ON!
You will learn:
- How to create connection that feels amazing with every partner
- How to lead assertively & follow responsively without being
overbearing or inflexible
- How to adapt and enjoy your dance with every partner and most circumstances
- How to listen, interpret & express within the partnership
- Practical skills and techniques - beyond patterns to develop your personal movement
- How to communicate and express your musicality with style comfortably with confidence
- * Special masculine & feminine workshops on styling!
- * Special choreography, partner workshops!
- * Special solo movement workshops to incorporate into your WCS
Sweet Side of Swing Northwest is brought to you by:
Event Directors: Tom Hickey, Maryann Newmeyer & Deborah Zokol
DISCOVER YOUR SWEET SIDE
This hotel convention-style workshop weekend is the intense immersion experience you need to renovate, revitalize, and permanently reform your West Coast Swing.
The audition process and levelled workshops are designed to target your specific needs, whether you are just learning West Coast Swing or have been dancing for years. The positive, supportive, and inclusive learning atmosphere focuses on the soul of the dance - the conversation, technique, and expression - rather than the typical formula of pattern classes. Dancers walk away with fresh perspectives, tons of invaluable homework, and an empowering community mission.
ALL-STAR INCENTIVE PASS
Sweet Side of Swing Northwest wants to help dancers of all levels take the next step in their development. If you are a WSDC All-Star dancer who wants to develop your skills as both a dancer and a community leader, we offer a discounted rate.
Whether you're looking to take your dancing to the next level, add to your teaching skills or gain skills in community building, the All-Star incentive pass will take you closer to achieving your goal.
For more details please contact us at:
SHARED EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCE
This is where it all comes together. This powerful culminating activity brings dancers together from all levels to work in small pods. Our pro and mentee staff will guide each pod in feedback exercises and creative projects designed to apply the skills from the weekend and build community cooperation.
4 NIGHTS OF SOCIAL FUN!
- Thursday night kick-off lesson and dance
- Friday night Meet'n'Greet Reception and Dessert Bar
- Friday & Saturday night J&J contests (with prizes)
- Saturday performances by our Sweet Side Staff
- Sunday night post-event dance on-site
- All weekend long: Team "Houses" games and activities